5 Security Flags to Identify when Choosing a Cloud Solution
Cloud storage allows your employees access to files at anytime and anywhere. It makes it simple to work on the go, sync files, and share documents. Even with these great attributes, many organizations find cloud storage to be the riskiest cloud app category.
One of the main reasons for this thought process evolves from an increase in security threats. According to the Cloud Security Alliance, security remains the top barrier to cloud adoption. This is why cloud security is one of the top concerns for cloud providers. By 2019, the global cloud security market is estimated to have reached over $8.7 billion.
Although it’s important to get a great deal on your enterprise cloud solution, it’s more important to ensure the security of your data. When researching cloud storage providers, be on the lookout for those that display these red flags and avoid them at all costs.
1. Non-HTTPS site- An HTTPS site is needed for proper security, because it secures any requests for personal information, such as forms. Sites not encrypted with HTTPS allow for easy interception of login credentials.
2. Weak Privacy Statement- Find a service with a strong privacy statement, one that doesn’t give permission to browse your files. Decide what is satisfactory for your organization’s needs.
3. Unclear Service Agreements- A cloud provider should make clear commitments about what security controls it has in place, where data lives and who manages the technology.
4. Lacking a Solid Reputation- A company may be offering a great price, but sure to investigate testimonials, recent downtime, experience, etc.
5. No Mention of Compliance Standards- Meeting compliance standards and having industry certifications show a provider’s capabilities and proof of reliable security.
When it comes to finding a cloud storage solution, every organization has different needs which should be reflected in your choice of an enterprise cloud provider. Make sure that security remains at the top of your list of considerations when making your choice.
Contact us now to find out more about Xelleration’s cloud storage solutions that can help fit your company needs and ensure proper security.